F&B Manager – Arlington Theatre
Santa Barbara, CA
The Food & Beverage Manager will report to both the Director of Food & Beverage and District Manager. The primary purpose of the position will be to oversee the expanded F&B program at the Arlington Theatre. The Arlington Theatre shows both movies and hosts live acts, depending on the season, and it will be the Food & Beverage Manager’s responsibility to adjust the operation accordingly.
Areas of Accountability
- Serve as primary contact to theatre vendors for concession, food and alcohol items
- Place orders and ensure theatre is adequately stocked with concession, food and alcohol items on a weekly basis
- Manage concession, food and alcohol inventory
- Conduct required weekly and monthly concession, food and alcohol inventories
- Ensure the theatre is complying with all laws, ABC conditions and corporate policies
- In concert with the Director of Food & Beverage and the District Manager, develop and maintain the process for guest food orders and guest food deliveries
- Oversee F&B operations on nights of live events and event movies
- Able to perform all opening and closing procedures
- Responsible for cash handling
- Hire and oversee part-time bartenders (when needed for special events)
- Train new hires on all processes related to food and alcohol items
- Create and manage the employee schedule for bartenders and other F&B employees
- Ensure target metrics are being met, including, but not limited to: Per Cap, Cost of Goods, Yields
- Be knowledgeable with operation and maintenance of all equipment related to the concession, hot food & alcohol service
- Understand and report on emerging trends in F&B
- Lead trainer for Metropolitan locations that adopt food and alcohol service in the future
- Periodical travel to other Metropolitan locations to oversee F&B training
- Ensure processes allow for, and team is providing, excellent customer service
- Meet the theatre’s financial objectives by properly forecasting, scheduling and adjusting labor. Analyze variances and respond accordingly
- Delegate projects and tasks to others; follow up on performance
- Accomplish human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orientating, training, scheduling, coaching and counseling with a special emphasis on all processes related to food and beverage.
- Give employee performance reviews
- Manage, coordinate and respond in a timely manner to all requests from the corporate office
- 5-10 years experience in restaurant and/or F&B related management
- 5+ years experience in customer service
- Experience in fiscal management, including budgets and cost control
- Strong leadership, communication and teamwork skills
- Understanding of basic F&B terms and metrics
- Solid understanding of F&B Inventory
- Knowledge of computers and a basic understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Certifications and/or college degree a plus
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays
Please send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
GENERAL MANAGER – HOLIDAY VILLAGE CINEMAS IN PARK CITY, UTAH
We are actively seeking an experienced, highly motivated applicant with strong leadership skills for the General Manager position at our location in Park City, UT.
- Handles day to day operations. Prepares and completes action plans in a timely manner.
- Implements customer service standards. Resolves problems. Completes internal audits. Identifies trends.
- Determines system improvements. Implements change.
- Accomplishes human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orientating, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and when necessary, disciplining theatre employees.
- Communicates job expectations. Plans, monitors, appraise and reviews job contributions. Enforces policies and procedures.
- Continuously assesses talent at all levels within the theatre and provides specific ongoing coaching, training, and feedback to develop the best talent possible.
- Meet the theatres' financial objectives by properly forecasting, scheduling and adjusting labor. Analyzes variances and responds accordingly.
- Control costs by ordering proper amount of product according to business levels. Minimizes waste (spoilage/damage).
- Ensures the highest quality of products. Achieves accurate product inventories.
- Ensure outstanding on-screen presentation by diligently checking the operation and maintenance of the projection equipment.
- Mitigates digital projection problems by training, coaching and mentoring Supervisors.
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures. Complies with all legal regulations.
- Manages, coordinates and responds in a timely manner to all requests from the corporate office.
- Delegates projects and assignments to others and follows-up on the performance and completion of their tasks.
- Performs opening and closing procedures and is responsible for cash handling.
- Demonstrates an ownership to all the responsibilities and operations of the theatre.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be a team player and have good leadership skills.
- Hours to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- 5 years in customer service
- 4+ years in a leadership role
Please send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entry Level Supervisors - Santa Barbara/Goleta:
We are actively seeking motivated applicants to join our teams in Santa Barbara, CA. Candidates must have 1 or more years’ experience in customer service and 4 months experience in a team leadership role. The Candidate must also possess excellent communication skills, be team player and have good leadership qualities. Please APPLY ONLINE for these hourly positions.
Applicants must be 18 years or older with supervision/management experience. Please APPLY ONLINE for these hourly positions.
Floor Staff Position
Applications are currently being accepted for box office/concession cashiers, ushers, and projection booth personnel for all theatres. Applicants must be 16 years or older. Please APPLY ONLINE for these hourly positions.