Scripted Bar & Kitchen and MetroLux Theatres
Full-Time Position: 40 hours per week
Compensation: $22-$25 Hour (up to $52,000 annually) + Commission
Los Angeles based Metropolitan Theatre Corporation (MTC) has been a privately held company owned by the Corwin family since 1923. Metropolitan currently operates a diverse collection of historic properties and state-of-the-art multiplexes among its 16 theatres in California, Colorado, Idaho and Utah. Metropolitan is focused on achieving its next generation growth plan through new development, theatre acquisitions, and providing theatre management services.
Metropolitan Theatre Corporation is opening a new 10-Plex Dine-In Theatre located at The Outlets of San Clemente in San Clemente, CA. The theatre will offer the most amazing movie-going experience providing guests with high-quality entertainment options. The theatre will not only be serving food to the auditoriums, but will have a stand-alone, trendy restaurant and bar.
The Marketing Manager role at MetroLux Theatres is an exciting opportunity to work in the entertainment and service industry. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker and self-starter who is sales minded and highly-driven, and someone who works best in a fast paced high-volume environment. The position includes benefits: Medical/Dental, Vacation, 401K, FREE TICKETS, etc., plus a commission structure.
MTC is seeking a talented Marketing Manager to facilitate local marketing efforts, promotional opportunities and outreach for MetroLux Theatres in San Clemente as well as drive sales for theatre and event rentals at MetroLux Theatres and Scripted Bar & Kitchen/SC. The position will also be responsible for the administration of our Scripted Bar & Kitchen/SC social media accounts.
You will assist with managing our company image to achieve our marketing goals through promotional partnership outreach and social media content.
As the Marketing Manager, we expect you to have an understanding of partnership marketing and events, as well as digital technologies and social media trends. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our company’s views creatively. You will be responsible for creating original text, photo and video content.
Ultimately, you should be able to handle our local marketing efforts through partnership development, local outreach and event marketing as well as administer our social media presence to increase customer engagement.
This role will be a liaison with the Outlets at San Clemente marketing manager and on-site businesses.
- In partnership with the General Manager, cultivate partnerships in the South Orange County marketplace to create awareness, engagement and drive attendance for Scripted Bar & Kitchen/SC, and MetroLux Theatres/SC and its key initiatives (i.e. Metro Summer Kids Movies, etc.)
- Facilitate outreach for theatre rentals, IMAX films/documentaries school program, Scripted Bar & Kitchen event rentals
- Work closely with the mall marketing team on special event needs
- Establish key retail partnerships within the Outlets of San Clemente
- Secure MetroLux Theatres and Scripted Bar & Kitchen/SC representation at local events to increase brand awareness and drive new customer acquisition
- Attend weekly or monthly networking events i.e. chamber events, mall meetings, etc.
- Manage digital content on display boards within the theatre
- Assist General Manager and corporate VP of Marketing with quarterly training of staff re IMAX
- Create event calendar for Scripted Bar & Kitchen/SC, and social media calendar for content
- Work with GM to set specific objectives to meet content calendar goals
- Manage Scripted Bar & Kitchen/SC social media accounts - create engaging and entertaining content. Go Live and create stories on FB, and other platforms as needed
- Suggest and implement new content features to aide in developing brand awareness, i.e. promotions and contests
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media
- Create and capture local content, such as photos and videos, for social media and website
- Recommend which posts should be boosted through engagement tracking
- Develop influencer relationships in the market for Scripted Bar & Kitchen. Build influencer base, and track results (shares, comments, likes, etc.) for brand initiatives and local events
- Handle donation requests for the theatre and Scripted/SC
- Work cross-functionally and collaborate with VP Corporate Marketing, SC Theatre General Manager, Operations and Scripted management team to deliver against marketing and sales targets
- Analyze and report local marketing initiative impact to corporate marketing and operations.
- Proven work experience in Marketing and Social Media
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- 5+ years of marketing experience
- Experience in event management, partnerships, and content management
- Graphic Design experience preferred
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible schedule
- The ability to work some weekends and holidays as needed
- Participate in weekly marketing meetings
- Understanding of restaurant/food service marketing preferred
Position Work Location:
- Position will work on premise at MetroLux Theatres and Scripted Bar & Kitchen in San Clemente
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity with Metropolitan Theatres, please submit your resume and apply below.