Rental FAQs & Troubleshooting
FAQs & Troubleshooting:
Does the film have captions?
Yes. Captioning is an available feature on our films.
I didn’t get a chance to watch the movie in time. Can I get a new link or a refund?
If the rental period is expired, we unfortunately are unable to provide a refund. If you would still
like to see the film, please repurchase for a new rental period. If you need a refund for another
reason, please contact email@example.com to request one.
Why do I need to create a Vimeo account to watch a film?
NEON’s Virtual Cinema is supported by Vimeo. It is a product from Vimeo - your normal Vimeo
login will not work. It also does not work with the Vimeo app you might have. You will be
creating a new Vimeo OTT account that allows you to pause and revisit the film anytime within
72 hours of your purchase, and helps prevent potential piracy.
I paused the film and now I can’t find the link. Where do I go?
The easiest way to resume play or find your link is to refer to the receipt emailed to you upon
This is a Vimeo OTT service. How does this benefit my favorite theatre?
Revenue from your purchase is split evenly between NEON and the exhibitor, similar to a
traditional box office split. The purchase link you choose will alert us which venue you wish to
support with your virtual ticket.
Vimeo platform uses Stripe to process payments. Stripe has been audited by a PCI-certified
auditor and is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. This is the most stringent level of
certification available in the payments industry.
How can I view a Q&A?
There is a URL in the description of the title. Please click through to be taken to the list of Q&As
Alternatively, you can use screen mirroring from your Android or Windows device to the Roku.
The process varies depending on your device. Instructions can be found here .
How do I watch on my Samsung Smart TV?
1. Connect your Samsung smart TV and your device to the same Wi-Fi network
2. Download the SmartThings app onto your device (Please note: if you're using a
Samsung device you may already have the SmartThings app installed)
3. Open the SmartThings app
4. Tap Add Device. All available devices will be displayed. If you can't see your device,
make sure that it is turned on. If it still isn't displayed, try turning it off and on again and
restarting the SmartThings app.
5. Select your TV
6. A PIN number may be displayed on your TV. Enter the PIN in the app. Your TV is now
connected to SmartThings and you can use your device as a second remote for the TV.
You can also use Smart View to mirror photos, movies and music from your device.
7. Tap Smart View
8. Use the menu on your device or TV to select the content you want to view
If that method doesn't work on your TV, you can check out some of the other options on the
How do I watch on my LG Smart TV?
To play the film on your LG Smart TV you will need cast or screen share from a computer or
mobile device. You can find instructions on how to do this on the LG website . Different devices
have different processes.
Can I stream the movie on my Amazon FireStick/Fire TV?
You should be able to screen mirror to Fire TV, though it’s limited by model. Your phone, tablet
or laptop also has to be a Mircast capable device such as a Fire phone, Fire HDX Tablets, or
devices running Android 4.2 or higher.
To make sure your Fire TV allows mirroring, hold down the Home button on the Fire TV remote.
If you see a Mirroring icon, your device is compatible.
Here’s how to mirror from an Android device:
1. On your Amazon Fire TV device, select Settings > Display and Sounds > Enable Display
2. On your Miracast-certified device, connect to your Amazon Fire TV . Contact technical
support for your device for more information on connecting.
3. Press any button on the remote to stop Display Mirroring.
How do I watch on my Smart TV’s browser app?
1. On your TV, open the internet browser and visit the site.
2. Enter your email address, submit, and you will be emailed a link.
3. On a SEPARATE device (i.e. another computer or mobile device), open your email
inbox, open the login email, and click the LOGIN link.
4. Go back to your TV browser, and you should be logged in to watch.