Assistant Kitchen Manager
Metropolitan Theatres (MetroLux Theatres and Scripted Bar & Kitchen)
Metropolitan Theatres Corporation
MetroLux Theatres and Scripted Bar & Kitchen - San Clemente
Metropolitan Theatres Corporation (MTC) is opening a new restaurant/bar and dine-in cinema in San Clemente, CA, which is scheduled to open in February/March 2022. We are looking for team members with a passion for service excellence and a willingness to build a strong foundation from the ground up. We will have a from-scratch kitchen, full state of the art bar, stand-alone trendy restaurant, as well as food and beverage service to the auditoriums. Join us as we prepare Southern California for an experience like no other!
We are seeking an individual with a passion for movies, knowledge of BOH operations, and the ability to help build a strong foundation. Our AKM applicants should have a proven track record in fostering a positive work environment with both the guest and employee experience in mind. The ability to lead, take direction, and display professionalism is of the upmost importance.
- Maintaining sanitation, cleanliness, and safety in the operation of the kitchen to company standards and in compliance with county regulations.
- Always Guaranteeing high level of quality and consistency of product.
- Ordering, receiving, and sustaining proper inventory reflecting that of business levels.
- Manage the kitchen while closely monitoring product and consistency.
- Ensuring the kitchen equipment is properly maintained and cleaned.
- Assists as needed with human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orientating, training, coaching, counseling and when necessary, disciplining employees.
- A minimum of 3 year of, Kitchen Lead, AKM, or sous-chef experience in a from-scratch high volume kitchen in a casual restaurant concept.
- Professional and positive attitude with the ability to work cohesively as a team while remaining calm in a fast-paced stressful environment.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to consistently execute all menus and food specials according to standards daily.
- Helps create a positive environment where team members are involved and have a sense of ownership.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to think quickly and run the line as needed.
- Event and catering experience a plus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Free movies and meals
- Paid Vacations
Job Type: Full Time
Pay: $20-$24ph DOE
As a team member you’ll enjoy:
Advancement Opportunities based on performance
Free movie tickets and more!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.