Metropolitan Theatres (MetroLux Theatres and Scripted Bar & Kitchen)
Metropolitan Theatres Corporation
MetroLux Theatres and Scripted Bar & Kitchen - San Clemente
Metropolitan Theatres Corporation (MTC) is opening a new restaurant/bar and dine-in cinema in San Clemente, CA, which is scheduled to open in February/March 2022. We are looking for team members with a passion for service excellence and a willingness to build a strong foundation from the ground up. We will have a from-scratch kitchen, full state of the art bar, stand-alone trendy restaurant, as well as food and beverage service to the auditoriums. Join us as we prepare Southern California for an experience like no other!
We are looking for prep and line cooks that will be responsible for preparing meals from our from-scratch kitchen at MetroLux Theatres and Scripted Bar & Kitchen in San Clemente.
Line/Prep Cook Responsibilities:
- Cooking and preparing all menu items in accordance with standards set by the Chef and our recipes.
- Comply with nutrition, sanitation, and safety standards.
- Task-driven individual with a willingness to learn.
- Prep, Steam, boil, bake, fry or grill proteins, vegetables, and other ingredients to specifications.
- Follow all standard operations and procedures set in place by the Chef.
- Garnish and plate food according to specifications.
- Take pride in your dishes and your station.
- Professional and positive attitude with the ability to work cohesively as a team while remaining calm in a fast-paced stressful environment.
- Safe and appropriate use of mixers, slicers, food processors, knives, ovens, stoves, and other kitchen equipment is mandatory.
Line/Prep Cook Requirements:
- Must be 16 years of older to apply.
- Minimum of 6 months Kitchen Experience
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of sanitation standards and health codes.
- Understanding of cooking methods, ingredients and equipment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to follow all written and oral instructions regarding recipes and policies set in place as well as clearly communicate during service.
- Must maintain high quality food, recipe adherence, and cleanliness, at all times, no exceptions.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and stand for long periods of time.
- Uphold a positive and professional approach with team members and guests.
- Part time up to 30 hours or as business and performance dictates.
- $15-$20/ hr DOE
As a team member you’ll enjoy:
Advancement Opportunities based on performance
Free movie tickets and more!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.