The General Manager role at Metropolitan Theatres offers a FUN and fast paced opportunity to work with a wonderful group of people!
Tons of benefits: Medical/Dental, Vacation, 401K, FREE TICKETS, etc., plus a Bonus Program.
Metropolitan Theatre Corporation (MTC) is opening a new 10-Plex Dine-In Theatre located at The Outlets of San Clemente in San Clemente, CA, in July 2021. As such, MTC is seeking a General Manager to lead the operation of a high-volume, high-quality and from-scratch kitchen as we prepare southern California for the most amazing movie-going experience ever. The theatre will not only be serving food to the auditoriums, but will have a stand-alone, trendy restaurant in the lobby as well.
Target Hire Date: March 30, 2021
What we look for in a General Manager
- Motivated, achievement-orientated professional with a consultative approach and the ability to positively connect with guests.
- Utilizes knowledge and experience to easily recognize opportunities to improve the operations of the theatre.
- Takes pride in providing exceptional services to meet all of the needs of our guests.
- Thrives working in a fast-paced, rewarding environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Handles day to day operations. Prepares and completes action plans in a timely manner.
- Responsible for all operations, including, but not limited to: Training, adherence to Company policies/procedures, guest relations, increasing sales volume, labor management, financial management, inventory, developing movie show times and building maintenance.
- Builds a cooperative relationship with the Kitchen Manager, AM and supervisors to ensure great service is provided along with exceptional food service and film presentation in a clean environment.
- Ensures a well maintained, safe, secure, and sanitary environment for all MTC guests and staff.
- Communicates job expectations. Plans, monitors, appraise and reviews job contributions.
- Provides direction, coaching and leadership for all employees.
- Accomplishes human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orientating, training, coaching, counseling and when necessary disciplining employees.
- Ensures that FOH area meets operational standards and guest service needs are met through facility maintenance, adequate staffing and training of all staff members.
- Practice proactive guest management by recognizing opportunities before they occur, resolving the ones that do and leaving the guest with a positive experience portraying a positive company image at all times.
- Ensures outstanding on-screen presentation by diligently checking the operation and maintenance of the digital projection equipment.
- Meet the theatres financial objectives by properly forecasting, scheduling and adjusting labor. Analyzes variances and responds accordingly.
- Maintain systems which ensure overall fiscal responsibility for inventory, ordering, storage, usage, etc.
- Analyzes financial reports and develops action plans to grow revenue and control expenses in order to meet or exceed annual budgets for specific departments, providing recommendations to the Vice President of Operations on improvements.
- Meet the demands of a high-volume, high-output facility.
- Demonstrates an ownership to all the responsibilities and operations of the theatre.
- Minimum 5 years of theatre or restaurant management experience in a high-volume operation.
- Possess both FOH and BOH experience.
- Possess full-service background, including inventory and operations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact with and manage employees as well as possess a strong customer service approach towards guests.
- Maintain high-performance standards
- Ability to read and interpret documents including training materials, spreadsheets, reports and operating instructions.
- Must have a flexible schedule that includes nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to navigate POS
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office
- Organizational planning and time management.
- Passion for and commitment to the restaurant/ theatre industry
This is a salaried position with a competitive rate for compensation. Years of experience and experience type will be taken into consideration.
We also offer very competitive benefits package that includes Medical/Dental, Vacation, 401K, plus a Bonus Program.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
When applying, please include resume and cover letter.
Click above or email to email@example.com
MetroLux Dine-In Theatres at San Clemente